A Moveable Feast

Monday, September 24, 2007

Six Months

Yesterday our beautiful Anya turned six months. She is such a delight and it has been six wonderful months. She's already eating for England, on three meals a day (yes, I know...you're supposed to wait until six months before you start any solids...). And she giggles heartily at her brother (actually 'guffaws' would be a better word to describe her laughter).

Yesterday also marked the six month countdown to my thesis submission deadline. So today was the day I set to start in on it again. I solicited the support of my nearest and dearest, knowing it would be difficult to keep all my respective balls in the air whilst not turning into the dull Jack of 'The Shining' fame.

One of my good friends, who has also been through the trials and tribulations of finishing a PhD, responded quickly and urged me to be dull for six months and to do as little extra as possible ('Yes, long term, you want communication and abundance and you want rhythm and you want to go for it etc, but this isn't about that.'). Good advice I think, as is his suggestion to declare an internet/blog/email sabbatical.

So you may not be seeing much of me in the next while. Perhaps I'll post the odd picture without commentary. And I'll check my email, but infrequently.

I'm grateful for your thoughts and prayers.

If we make it, it will be a stellar year - a new baby, a new house, and two PhDs...

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

You have so many friends pulling for you both - and indeed all four of you.
Perhaps we should dangle a carrot, like 3 weeks in the sun and surf for just the two of you??
Don't answer this. You are on sabbatical, remember!
Love you.

6:35 PM  
Blogger hendricks said...

All the best to you both or you four! We will be thinking of you in the next six months.

ps- She is a beautiful baby and I'd agree life with two is even better than life with one!

8:05 PM  
Blogger pavel said...

Congratulations!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home