A Moveable Feast

Monday, August 13, 2007

Isn't She Lovely?


Don't you agree?


I finally went out and bought this track by Stevie Wonder. It's always brought a smile to my face and Anna has given it new meaning. So feel free to substitute 'Anna' for 'Aisha' and 'Derek' for 'Londie'. Anna means 'grace' and where there's little grace there is little life, so I think the substitution works. And, okay, she's a little more than a minute old here...


Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Life is Aisha
The meaning of her name
Londie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love


More pics of the lovely one to follow soon...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Yup - Stevie can touch your heart with a song. I just heard him sing "Georgia On My Mind" in a clip about kindness. It could be about anywhere because of the people you love.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

You are definitely back! Great to see the pix from your epic adventure as well as this adorable one of Anna. I never really knew who Stevie was singing about, so thanks for giving me a new appreciation of the song.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Lovely indeed! Her grunts, sighs, coos, smiles are fondly remembered by grandma. We must get another "fix" asap.
Interesting how love expands. You love child #1 so much and then #2 comes along and that love just grows more. It even stretches to #3 and 4. Hmmmm.....

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home