A Moveable Feast

Friday, August 24, 2007

'P' is for Progress



And for 'pear' and 'potty' and 'poo-poo' (I'll refrain from googling pictures of the last one). These are pretty exciting days in the Brower household. Lev, Anya and I are camping out at Grandma and Grandpa Browers to give papa some space and quiet while he cracks the back of his PhD. We are having our own breakthroughs here. Anya had her first taste of pears yesterday and some more for breakfast this morning. She seems keen. And Lev has used his potty for the big number two, two days in a row now. Can you imagine the excitement. They are both asleep now. When they awake we will feast on celebratory monkey bread, which Lev and I made this morning, and then go shopping for a treat in the village!

Told you it would be Matt...yup - it's Raffi! Last summer we took out 'Singable Songs for the Very Young' from the local library near my parents' house and listened to it on the road a lot. I remember my aunt and uncle playing Raffi songs to us kids years ago; 'Brush Your Teeth' was the one that stood out in my memory. Anyway, I just recently purchased it along with 'Baby Beluga' and it brought back good memories of our holiday.

For those of you only interested in pictures (other than the ones I download from the web!), be patient. They are all downloaded on Derek's computer and these days I only get access once in a blue moon! But more will come...

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

San
Who would have thought that pears, potty and poo would become such big events in your life. Like the sunshine after the rain, children add such a refreshing touch to life.
Congrats to the big boy for his latest endeavour to be nappy free and to our little Anna's introduction to gastronomic delights. Grandma is proud.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home